WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE MY SKIN HEALTH?
Water – Drink enough water.
Sunscreen – Wear every day. Reapply if needed.
Smoking – Don’t smoke. Ever.
Sleep – Make sure you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night, 8 if possible
Diet – As a general rule, and a definite for healthy skin, it’s smart to avoid overly processed foods. There are some specific foods that can directly improve skin health:
- Healthy fats like avocado, salmon, nuts
- Antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, green tea and dark chocolate
- Vitamin A & C rich foods like tomatoes, sweet potatoes, red peppers and broccoli
- Detoxifying foods like watermelon and celery
- Inflammation reducers like celery, turmeric
- Protein-rich foods to help your body produce collagen
– You can also consider supplements like vitamins E, C, D, calcium, collagen, and probiotics
DAILY / WEEKLY
Cleansing – Washing your face is essential for removing dirt, oil and debris. Remove impurities by washing twice daily for most skin types.
Moisturizing – Keep your skin hydrated by moisturizing twice daily or as needed. A moisturizer will help keep your skin balanced.
Exfoliating – A gentle exfoliator helps remove excess sebum and dead skin cells to make way for the glowing new skin underneath. Start with once per week and then see what your skin needs. To go one step further, consider adding a weekly mask. Find one that suits your specific skin goals.
Professional visits – Just like taking care of your teeth, it’s important to supplement your at-home regimen with regularly-scheduled professional visits. A deep cleansing, exfoliating and hydrating treatment will enhance the work you’re doing.
- One treatment that covers all of these (and is the #1 recommended professional treatment) is HydraBeauty Facial, perfect for any skin type and customizable for any need, goal or issue.
- Get a HydraBeautyFacial every 4-8 weeks, depending on your individual needs. To find out what schedule works best for you – and how to personalize your treatment for the best results – come visit us at Pure Esthetics for a Skin Consult and Assessment
VISIT YOUR SKIN THERAPIST AT PURE ESTHETICS– Regardless of skin type, it is important to visit your qualified skin therapist at Pure Esthetics at least once per year for a full body skin scan.